Clegg Industries custom designed, engineered and outfitted two 84” x 104” x 96” high ATEPS shelters, expandable to 244” x 104” x 96” H, to provide automotive repair facilities and appropriate equipment for MRAP vehicles in direct support of U.S. SOCOM combat operations at outlying Forward Operating Bases. The IEARC was designed with a mating 463L pallet for internal air transport in USAF C-130, C-17, and C-5 aircraft.
The IEARCs are outfitted to operate as re-deployable, repair and fabrication facilities with short term self-sufficient backup capability at undeveloped, remote field locations. This complex and volume-constrained project contains a portable diesel 5 kW generator providing appropriate backup power for various equipment, tools and other automotive repair equipment.
There are two 24,000 BTU/hr. ECUs; either can be used as operational and as backup. A large tool chest provides ample storage space for complete metric & SAE automotive tool sets, pry bars, hammers and spare parts; the chest top is set up as a work bench for a grinder and vise; a vehicle hitch mount is provided so these can be used outside the shelter. A reel stows 100’ of 1/2" diameter, 300 psi compressed air hose.
Features of re-deployable Improved Expeditionary Automotive Repair Center include:
- Mates with 463L pallet for Internal Air Transport delivery
- Sling liftable for site delivery
- Two - person shelter setup in less than 10 minutes, no special tools required
- Two fold-out shelter sides for work/living space
- Outfitted for shore power use when available
- Auxiliary 12VDC system for 12V tools including a state of the art air compressor
- Backup 24,000 BTU/hr. ECU
- Gas bottles and oxyacetylene equipment for welding